EMS Ambulance RFP:
- Approved public-private partnership between
ConFire and American Medical Response to provide EMS ambulance services to the
majority of Contra Costa County.
Emergency Operations Plan Modernization:
- The Board adopted a new and modernized Emergency
Operations Plan for Contra Costa County to support and protect public safety
should a major disaster occur in our region
East Contra Costa County Fire Protection District
- Leading efforts to secure detachment of Byron Bethany Irrigation
District from portions of Discovery Bay to fund ECCFPD with ongoing annual
revenue of $684,000 +/-
- Participated in volunteer Task Force efforts with the cities of
Brentwood and Oakley to provide interim general fund revenue for two years to
support and enhance fire and medical response to District residents.
SB 863 Jail
- Approved application for $80 million grant to
construct the 416-bed West County Reentry Treatment and Housing Facility on the
campus of the West County Detention Facility. However, the Grant was not
approved by the State.